Sales Terms & Conditions
All CupcakeMegs sales are subject to the following terms and conditions that do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- Prices to be paid are as per the website/your requested quotation. You will be sent an invoice by email outlining how and when to make payment.
- All prices are in (£) pounds sterling.
- CupcakeMegs is not currently VAT eligible, our prices are therefore excluding VAT.
- Price increases or decreases will take effect when they are edited on the website and will apply for all future orders. Price changes will not affect existing orders.
- Only one discount/offer code can be used per order.
- Quotations are valid for a period of three months, after this time the price may need to be reviewed in line with the cost of ingredients.
- Your order is not placed until we have received payment and sent you an order confirmation by email.
- Payments can be made by bank transfer or PayPal (surcharge may apply).
- For bespoke orders a deposit payment of 50% is required when ordering with the remaining balance due 2 weeks before collection.
- Late or non-payment may result in your order being cancelled and the slot re-allocated.
- It is your responsibility to check the order confirmation and alert us of any alterations within 2 days. We may need to increase the price if additional time/materials are required.
- If you have any intolerances or allergies please discuss this with us before placing an order. Please be aware that our kitchen is not a nut/allergen free environment.
- Minimum order size for standard (including personalised) Cupcakes and Cookies is a single box. For bespoke orders minimum quantity is 12 per flavour.
- All goods remain the property of CupcakeMegs until paid for in full.
- Deposit payments are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Any orders cancelled with less than 2 weeks notice are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Please inform us in writing as soon as possible if you need to alter, postpone or cancel your order. Depending on the time scale, availability and order quantity charges may apply.
- Any refunds will be processed less a small administration charge, alternatively funds can remain on credit with us for future orders.
Collection & Delivery
- Subject to availability we offer collection and delivery 7 days a week.
- Delivery is free on orders of £15 or more within the Maidstone area (ME14-ME20 postcodes). We can also deliver further afield but additional charges will apply.
- A designated 1 hour time slot will be allocated for your collection or delivery. Please ensure your availability during this time window as missed collections/deliveries will incur a charge.
- Should you need to amend your pre-arranged delivery/collection slot we will do our best to be accommodating but this will be subject to availability.
- CupcakeMegs will not dispatch via courier due to the delicate nature of our products.
- If collecting we recommend that a passenger holds the order or you place it in the footwell of your car to ensure it remains level. Go easy on those corners!
- Please be considerate of our neighbours when parking.
- All orders must be inspected upon receipt and signed for in good condition. We are unable to accept responsibility for damage to an order which occurs (i) after the collection/delivery (ii) as a result of failure to follow care instructions/advice in respect of storage, set up and further transportation.
- If we are offering a set-up service we will accept responsibility only until the order is signed over to you/the venue.
- Unless you are informed at collection/delivery our bakes are best kept at room temperature in the box provided. Transferring to the refrigerator or a plastic container could cause discolouration, wilting icing, peeling cases etc. Please keep away from heat sources such as radiators and direct sunlight.
- To achieve the number of portions requested from a big round cake we recommend that you cut in a grid rather than triangular slices. Cleaning the knife on a napkin between cuts should ensure a neat finish.
- Cupcakes are best eaten on the day of collection but should be fine for 1-2 more days.
- We recommend our larger sponge based cakes are eaten within 3-4 days and fruit cakes within 1-2 weeks, although of course the fresher the better.
- Our cookies will keep in an airtight container (such as a cake tin) for up to a week after collection.
- We bake all of our goods to order using only fresh ingredients to ensure the best quality possible. If you do have an issue with your order please let us know immediately. Complaints are extremely rare so we treat them very seriously.
- We will require the item/s to be returned to us in its original packaging (hand delivery at your cost) within 2 days of collection/delivery with an explanation of the issue in order to investigate.
- Dependent on the results of our investigation a partial or full refund may be offered. Maximum refunds amount to the value of the item as per the order, further compensation is not available.
CupcakeMegs’ premises have been inspected by Maidstone Borough Council and awarded a Food Hygiene Rating of 5, we are certified in City & Guilds Level 2 Food Safety & Hygiene and are covered by Public & Product Liability Insurance. (Evidence of these available upon request)
Occasionally we may use photographs of our bakes and/or your feedback on our website, social media and other promotional materials. If you would prefer that we didn’t feature your order please let us know in writing.
Please contact us if you require further clarification on any of the points above firstname.lastname@example.org.